Does full coverage insurance cover damage caused by a hit-and-run driver?

If you have full coverage insurance, you can usually get help with the repairs or replacements needed after a hit-and-run incident. This type of insurance includes both collision coverage, which pays for damage to your car from accidents, and uninsured motorist coverage, which covers the costs if the at-fault driver is uninsured or cannot be identified, like in a hit-and-run. It is important to check the specific details of your policy to make sure you are covered in these situations.

Posted by Alyssa DiCrasto

Alyssa uses her many years of experience writing about complex industries to research and create clear content that makes insurance easy to understand. She has been with Rate Retriever since its beginning, establishing our strict editorial policy and directing our comparison experience.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *