Can uninsured motorist coverage be used for pain and suffering compensation?

No, uninsured motorist coverage does not typically cover pain and suffering compensation. It is designed to cover medical expenses and property damage caused by an uninsured driver. Pain and suffering compensation is typically sought through a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance or in a lawsuit. It is important to consult with an attorney to understand your rights and options for seeking compensation for pain and suffering after a car accident.

Posted by Alyssa DiCrasto

Alyssa uses her many years of experience writing about complex industries to research and create clear content that makes insurance easy to understand. She has been with Rate Retriever since its beginning, establishing our strict editorial policy and directing our comparison experience.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *